Our client is one of the largest entertainment companies in the Los Angeles area. They are seeking a Senior Accountant to work in their Distribution department. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to work for a stable company in a fast-paced, exciting industry.
- Reconcile and analyze key balance sheet and income statement accounts, including cash, unbilled receivables, receivables sub-ledger, prepaid expenses, payables sub-ledger and accruals, deferred revenue, and intercompany balances with Corporate and other related entities
- Prepare and post journal entries for month/year-end
- Review accounts payable, account receivable and cash receipts batches
- Communicate with Production Controller, Vice President Production and production accountants
- Oversee bill backs to production companies
- Supervise and mentor employees
- Liaise with local banks, government bodies and Corporate office regarding cash matters
- Manage and process employees’ expense reports
- Ensure reports are properly allocated, coded and substantiated by appropriate backup and authorization
- Track US-based development projects
- Assist Director, Finance and Treasury Analyst with short-term and extended cash forecasts
- Assist Financial Analyst with budgeting and forecasting as it relates to business originating out of the Los Angeles office
- Work closely on projects with Sr. VP Operations based in Los Angeles office
- Ad hoc projects and other accounting support tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 3-6 years of progressive accounting experience, preferably in the media industry
- Experience in the area of television/film production a definite plus
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Supervisory experience is an asset
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and technical ability to work with accounting software systems required / Microsoft Dynamics preferred
Salary: 60,000 to 80,000
Multiple positions are available with various companies.
If you feel this position is an exact fit, please call or email resume as our firm can assist you in placement with other companies.
Interested in Relocating?
We specialize in assisting qualified candidates from out of town through the search process. Please call to discuss your travel and relocation plans in more detail!
Premier Financial Search is recognized for consistently finding qualified candidates to directly fulfill our client’s needs. We specialize in the placing of Accounting and Financial professionals in CPA, Business Management firms and private companies across California. Our clients include some of the Top National, Regional and local Firms as well as entrepreneurial companies in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego County, Ventura County and The Bay Area.
Please send resume in Word format to:
Premier Financial Search